17 July 2005

About Re-committing Ourselves

For those who had put their minds and even their souls into a single commitment or the like, there is always a juncture when we take a step back and really begin to ponder: were all of those that i have done worth the effort that i have paid?

Come to think of it, i wonder if i can ever answer this very same question that has been bothering me for years.

Ever since i was accidentally given the post of Chairperson many years back, it has became my personal resolve to maintain or even bring glory to the Unit. I have gained much and i have lost an equal amount; of friends whom i would have wished better bonding or of opportunities that had went by uncherished.

Passing out was supposed to make me feel at ease but yet a CI i have yet again resolved to be achieving.

Years passed and now i am at this very point as a person of stature and powerful standing, yet i am not spared the grimness of the very same question that puts me to questioning: am i still able to give? Has the touch or the passion passed by myself? Am i so lost in the mundane that it becomes impossible to relive the past?

Has my resolve lost its meaning?

No comments: