21 February 2006

Achievements...

Somehow i am harbouring the thought that passionate teachers will never last through the service.

As i am sitting at my work table in the office, this seems to fill up all my thoughts.

Today i am being asked to produce an entire stack of materials for Chinese O Level examinations. And to make matters worse, all the work has to be completed within a month, right after the March holidays, for which monday to wednesday must be spent at Batam.

Han asked me to conduct extra trainings for the cadets on thursday and friday. I have a lot of overdue assignments. I have 3 classes of workbooks on my table now. I have not stopped marking since 3pm.

i will not leave the office until the papers are marked and marks recorded and the workbooks finished for the sec 2s. I will finish my RME journals before i go. And students are still not submitting the journals.

It upsets me but yet i cannot scold them for the journals if they feel its an unimportant subject.

I spent the whole evening trying to summarise "The Clash of Civilizations" on the religion issue as i thought it might be useful to them. So that they will not feel that being sensitive to religion is a shallow thing to do.

tomorrow there are students supposed to see me for re-test because they refuse to study even if time was give to them upright. I want them to see the point of working for their results.

They are seeing a teacher who will not give up even if it means that they do.

i am putting Serene's gift which says "Never Say Die", a stand which is supposed to encourage myself.

I wanted to talk to the NCOs on the sec 1 camp and the way they have been running activities.

The exco was chosen without my knowledge and i was supposed to comment even if they choose someone who is not from the campcraft team.

i am supposed to pay competition fees for the chinese quiz competition.

i keep having the thinking that people are seeing me as a slacker-teacher.

Is the desire to do my best so hard to achieve?

No comments: