20 March 2006

Sentimentalism

okok so i shall not complain too much on the blog... if not people dun wan to read anymore.

today was yet another day of campcraft training, and suddenly i had this thought in my mind: what if i was 50 years old and still training yet another campcraft team? scary thought isn't it?

then mr thodey's words came to my mind again when we were complaining about the vendor at the batam staff retreat. He actually said that i am the kind who will be in teaching forever!

haha another scary thought.

I often thought to myself, if teaching wasn't the way that i can feel for today and tomorrow, i will leave the service.

I still feel overwhelming thoughts when i see students write about their lives, either with me or without me. As long as i was part of their lives and that i have made a difference, i will feel a surge of immense satisfaction throughout my soul.

The kind of feeling that makes you euphorical.. .similar to drugs? Only if i know what's it like.. .yet you feel sober at the same time and most of all, life begins to feel all meaningful again.

Sometimes i long for time to stop, for all the happy memories to freeze in time and space; certain photographs make me want to cry and certain pictures gets me all moody all in an instant.

Maybe that is sentimentalism.

No comments: