01 November 2006

Being a Chinese Teacher

In the end the English is more preferred more than the Chinese Language! Am I a failure or what?

My job as a Chinese teacher demands me to be Chi-Na-lized in the most invasive of ways, trancending my administrative work, CCA and even my daily undertakings in my interaction with people in the school and beyond.

Much as i would like to "Chinese-lize" everything that comes in my path, it is almost next to impossible if this is the only way to change the culture in the school.

We talk about bad results for the Chinese Language and i am seemingly the only one who is responsible for the inculcation of culture in the school?

Makes it seemed to be that i am the sinner when it comes to the less than satisfactory results on show between the ranking boards each incoming year.

What makes a successful teacher then? What is the expectation of a teacher who has to handle all other areas not related to Chinese in the first place? Is it too much to ask for? Is it even required?

Who comes help when the teacher encounters obstacles in his job? Money as in salary as the only available answer?

Then i should be grossly underpaid.

No comments: