17 August 2007

One ex-student of mine says my blog is so very sad... and that it makes him to not even dare to want to tag the board.

And then i thought, gee.. this is not what i wanted to publicize for my blog! :p

But these days have not been easy still.

I remember everything changed when my teacher confided in me about something of our school. It sort of got me thinking... sometimes we all tend to expect a lot of things and not put in effort for what we want to believe in. Students are so, teachers are so too. If we are in a predicament that we are not too happy about, we complaint about it most of the time... but sometimes, do complaints really help?

So i went on a "rampage"!

Though i was not a member of the discipline committee, every class i came into contact with was every class the target for my vision ---- you do what you expect the class should be achieving.

This means 2* is the class of my persistent scrutiny every morning, i will make it a point to show to them that i am watching them every single morning and that it's perfectly possible of keeping absolutely still during morning assembly.

This means 4* will always be "victims" of my "want-to-kill you" stares every morning when they indulge in their arrogant and negative comments about school and of their need to talk despite it being the wrong thing to do.

This means 4* will also be my permanent target of inspection everytime i pass by them during recess time.

This means all students who walks pass me will have to be in proper attire.

This means all my teaching classes must be spending minimum effort of behaving and doing work every single lesson.

This means my form class has to be of a level higher than the rest or face my wrath as a result of my need to achieve high standards so i can fulfil my unsaid promise to my teacher.

It is very tough on the mind if you happen to wonder, but i guess everything comes at a price. If the students understand what i am trying to achieve, they will do the right things. If they don't, i will convince them with my persistence if words and reasoning fail.

Or maybe i will fail in all these, or maybe you may say what of the use it will be if it is only a single individual doing this single thing?

Perhaps it may be futile, but recently i realise, the mind is much stronger than what the body perceives, and challenging the impossible is certainly what makes life more meaningful!

No comments: